SubscribeBlog Snip
Google

Thursday, July 06, 2006

favor and flight

My mom just left the house for her trip to Canada to visit my sister. My dad and Joe brought her to the airport. Last night Sheila and Carol F. were nice enough to stop by to pray with us to send my mom off. We declared favor and blessings upon blessings for her on this trip, from the moment she steps into the Philippine airport and until she gets back home. This trip is already evidence of God's favor on my mom because most of her expenses were provided for and she had pocket money to boot.

It is so exciting to know that as Christians we walk in God's favor and can expect this everyday of our lives. His word says so.

SURELY His goodness, mercy, and unfailing love will follow us [pursue us, overtake us] ALL THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES, and we will dwell in the house of the Lord FOREVER. (Psalm 23:6)

And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you [with abundant increase of favors] and make your name famous and distinguished, and you will be a blessing [dispensing good to others].
Genesis 12:1-3

Genesis 26:3
Dwell temporarily in this land, and I will be with you and will favor you with blessings; for to you and to your descendants I will give all these lands, and I will perform the oath which I swore to Abraham your father.

Leviticus 26:9
For I will be leaning toward you with favor and regard for you, rendering you fruitful, multiplying you, and establishing and ratifying My covenant with you.

Job 10:12
You have granted me life and favor, and Your providence has preserved my spirit.

Psalm 30:5
For His anger is but for a moment, but His favor is for a lifetime or in His favor is life. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

Psalm 84:11
For the Lord God is a Sun and Shield; the Lord bestows [present] grace and favor and [future] glory (honor, splendor, and heavenly bliss)! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.

Proverbs 3:4
So shall you find favor, good understanding, and high esteem in the sight [or judgment] of God and man.

Isaiah 26:12
Lord, You will ordain peace (God's favor and blessings, both temporal and spiritual) for us, for You have also wrought in us and for us all our works.

Isaiah 30:18
And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship]!

Ezekiel 34:26
And I will make them and the places round about My hill a blessing, and I will cause the showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing [of good insured by God's favor].

I'm currently at a crossroads of sorts. I'm assured by the fact that God will lead me along the right path and that His favor overtakes me on that path.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so weird, I'm reading 'favor and flight', just passing time until it's time to pick mom up from the airport. I can't wait!!!!! Kids and I (oh yeah, rollo, too:) are so excited to see mumsy and have her stay with us for 2 or 3??? solid months. Hmmm, wonder if I'll be saying that a month from now ;)

Having mom here would mean:
1)not having to wake up so early to make breakfast for the kids, woohoo!!!
2)food for the gods!!!!
3) clouds at sunrise!!!!! if you haven't tried this dessert, you're missing half your life
4)more time for me, myself and i while mom spends quality time with trishy-wishy and tobes
5)home-cooked meals :)
6)more excuse to shop and make pasyal
7)clouds at sunrise!!!

anyway, gotta go. 50minutes till mom's plane lands. can hardly wait...

9:14 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger tigerlily said...

take good care of mom while she's there. don't work her too hard! haha :)

11:18 AM, July 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home